On June 17, 2022 the very first LANGSCAPE and ENROPE Colloquium was kicked off with great success! We welcomed around 30 participants and enjoyed a 3-hour online programme including two wonderful presentations by Maria Gonzáles Davies from Universitat Ramon Llull, Barcelona ("The integrated plurilingual approach (IPA): Taking research to the classrooms") and by Tian Yan from the University of Exeter ("Between monolingual policy and multilingual reality in South China: English learners’ and teachers’ perceptions and experience of language awareness, translation and translanguaging").
After the presentations and a lively discussion, the Special Interest Groups (SIGs) worked together in breakout rooms. All SIGs developed great ideas and two of them already agreed upon contact persons and concrete next steps. The third group is in the process and will follow shortly.
Here is a short overview of the established Special Interest Groups:
1) Research methodology and ethics (contact persons: Paulette van der Voet, Tian Yan)
2) Language policies (contact persons: Ozan Varli, Andrew McDouall, Robin Breit)
3) Language teacher development (provisional contact person: Tomáš Kos)
We will shortly send out more information on the SIGs' activities and modes of collaboration.
The LANGSCAPE & ENROPE Online Colloquium continues ...
The dates for the next LANGSCAPE & ENROPE Online Colloquiums are as follows:
- Sep 16th, 2022 from 9-13h (CEST)
- Dec 16th, 2022 from 1-4 pm (CET)
- March 17th, 2023 from 9-13h (CET)
- June 16th, 2023 from 1-4 pm (CEST)